Kent J. Leier
- All Felony and Misdemeanor Offenses
- Criminal Law
- Attempting To Influence A Public Servant
- Criminal Impersonation
- Domestic Violence
- Driving Under Restraint & Habitual Traffic Offender
- Drug Crimes
- Identity Theft
- Obstructing A Peace Officer
- Resisting Arrest
- Traffic Violations
- Underage Drinking/MIP
- Vehicular Eluding
Kent J. Leier founded The Leier Law Office with the goal of providing experienced and compassionate legal representation. He prides himself on his trial experience and courtroom presence and he is ready and willing to go to trial when justice demands it.
Mr. Leier began his legal career as an attorney for Colorado Legal Services. During his tenure with Colorado Legal Services, he represented citizens throughout all of Northern Colorado in divorce cases, highly contentious child custody disputes, and all other areas pertaining solely to family law.
After working for Colorado Legal Services, Mr. Leier served as a prosecutor for the Weld County District Attorney’s Office. As a County Court prosecutor, he successfully handled thousands of DUI cases, Driving Under Revocation cases, assaults, domestic violence cases, and traffic violations. As a District Court prosecutor, he handled thousands of drug cases; ranging from simple possession to distribution. Mr. Leier has also had the honor of serving as a member on the Weld County Drug Court treatment team. Over the course of his career, he has handled every type of criminal case from speeding to 1st Degree Murder. He believes his experience as a prosecutor gives his clients an edge because he can communicate effectively with the prosecution to get the best possible outcome for his clients.
Mr. Leier believes that the outcome of your case is a direct result of how hard your attorney is working for you, that is why he proudly offers 24 hour a day assistance to his clients. He understands that his clients don't just have questions between the hours of 8 and 5 and that law enforcement officers work around the clock. He believes that if law enforcement officers are working 24 hours a day to build a case against you then your lawyer should be working just as hard to protect your freedom.
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Larimer County Bar Association, Member
- Montana Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- Overland Mountain Bike Club Board, Member
- Weld County District Attorney's Office, Deputy District Attorney
- Colorado Legal Services, Attorney
- American Society of Legal Advocates One of Colorado's Top 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under the Age of 40
- Recipient of Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating. – Awarded to less than 5% of attorneys in the country.
Current Employment Position
- Denver Metro Volunteer Lawyer